Ways to Worship at Home
Even though your church service may be canceled due to the Coronavirus, that doesn’t mean you can’t worship. You don’t have to have a praise band—or organ/piano—to worship. In fact, worship can take on many forms, though it can include music. Here are a few ways you can worship at home:
- Pull out a hymnal and do a hymn sing
- Search for your favorite songs on Youtube
- Have a musical family member lead you (on piano, guitar, trombone, accordion, etc)
- Do a liturgical dance to the glory of God
- Stream songs on Pandora (or …)
- Have little ones at home? Read a story from the life of Jesus and have them act it out.
- Research the stories behind your favorite hymns
- Go on a prayer walk
- Recite the Lord’s Prayer multiple times a day
- Choose a Psalm and rewrite it in your own words
- Recreate the Last Supper
- Create artwork (a collage, painting, craft) reflecting a Bible passage
“Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in every place you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as long as ever you can.”
Rev. Gregory Waggoner, M.Div.
Please click on the verbiage to the left of Download to read the Sermon or click on Download to save it to your computer or other data device.