A BEAUTIFUL IDEA FOR PALM SUNDAY
How can we publicly acknowledge this important day on our calendar when so many of us will be behind closed doors?
What if everyone on Sunday April 5 in the morning, puts a branch on the door of their house or on the window, to celebrate Palm Sunday?
It could be any green branch you can get. This would help, despite the social distancing, to be connected as we enter into the Holiest of Weeks.
Want to join?
We may be physically isolated, but not separated. We are united as the body of Christ.
We are the Church.
Ways to Worship at Home
Even though your church service may be canceled due to the Coronavirus, that doesn’t mean you can’t worship. You don’t have to have a praise band—or organ/piano—to worship. In fact, worship can take on many forms, though it can include music. Here are a few ways you can worship at home:
- Pull out a hymnal and do a hymn sing
- Search for your favorite songs on Youtube
- Have a musical family member lead you (on piano, guitar, trombone, accordion, etc)
- Do a liturgical dance to the glory of God
- Stream songs on Pandora (or …)
- Have little ones at home? Read a story from the life of Jesus and have them act it out.
- Research the stories behind your favorite hymns
- Go on a prayer walk
- Recite the Lord’s Prayer multiple times a day
- Choose a Psalm and rewrite it in your own words
- Recreate the Last Supper
- Create artwork (a collage, painting, craft) reflecting a Bible passage
“Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in every place you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as long as ever you can.”
Rev. Gregory Waggoner, M.Div.
Please click on the verbiage to the left of Download to read the Sermon or click on Download to save it to your computer or other data device.